Gaston Lions Club Park
7449 W CR 850 N
Gaston, IN 47342

Your Subtitle text

Gaston Lions Club info and Mission

    The very first meeting of the Gaston Lions Club was called to order Friday January 11, 1935 in the Gaston Town Hall. There were seventeen members present.

     During those early years most meetings were held at the Gaston Town Hall.

     From 1935 to 1955 the fair, or festival, as it was called then, was held on the streets of Gaston. In 1953 the club purchased Rigdon Grove from Mr. & Mrs. Porter Rigdon, to serve as the Lions Club Park. Three years later the fair was move to the park and has been held there every sense. The park now consists of 30 acres.

     The Gaston Lions Club Fair has grown from a 3 day fair to the current 5 day fair. The Club is famous for its Bar-B-Que chicken. The grounds are used for many things, weddings, parties, reunions and other events.

     The motto of the Lions Club is "WE SERVE" and the mission of the Gaston Lions Club is to serve the people of the community. Funds raised by the Lions Club are used to provide four $750 scholarships to graduates of Wes-Del High School annually, purchase eye glasses and exams for children in need, provide baskets to about ten families annually, contribute to Leader Dog Program to provide Seeing-Eye dogs for the sightless, contribute to reserch for cancer, diabetes, heart and lung disease, donate to youth and community groups, support 4-H livestock sale and to maintain thirty acre Lions Club Park.
Website Builder